When it was established?
Habesha Cement Share Co. was incorporated in September 2008 as per the commercial code of 1960 of the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia with a business objective of entering the fast-growing Ethiopian Cement Market and exploit the market opportunity. The project idea was launched in October 2008 and shares were floated for public subscription.
The new plant of Habesha cement Share Company is located in Oromiya regional state in Welmera Woreda in Holeta town, 35 km from Addis Ababa. The plant is located at proximate distance from the raw materials deposits and the main cement market, Addis Ababa, and its surroundings.
The construction of the plant which is now under final stage has a 3,000 ton clinker and 4,500 ton Portland Pozzolana Cement per day capacity plant which will have close to 1.4 million ton per year capacity at full capacity operation.
The Plant is expected to be operational in mid-January 2017 with a production of Ordinary Portland Cement Class 42.5 and Portland Pozzolana Cement Class 32.5. Following the production of its first products of the plant, the company is planning to produce and market, Aggregate, Ready Mix Concrete and Gypsum Boards.
To be the leading integrated cement and other construction inputs supplier and the first choice in East Africa
Our mission is:
- To produce and market high quality cement and related construction inputs by consistently meeting national and international standards and customer expectation at affordable price.
- To maximize shareholders’ wealth on a sustained basis through high standards of transparency, accountability, responsibility and leadership.
- To conduct our business in a safe, environmentally sustainable and economically optimum manner.
- To develop diverse, innovative, satisfied and result oriented workforce motivated to deliver excellence through continuous learning.
The name “Habesha” is a brand name for our cement company which cannotes and meant for us:
- Superior Quality product,
- Serving customers
- Striving for ensuring Shareholders benefits and stakeholders’ interest
- Caring for employees
- Mass base ownership structure
- Environmental friendly products
- Working hard for running the company with 100% of its local experts
- Due attention to Social responsibility
- Customer Focused delivery of products
- Team Work
- Safety first
- Honesty and Integrity
- Committed for quality
- Committed for Environmental Protection
Board of Directors
The Company is governed by Board of Directors. The Board has responsibility for the general conduct of the operations of Habesha Cement Share Company and, in this regard, exercises all the powers delegated to it by the shareholders to discharge the said responsibility.
The Board has nine Directors elected by the Shareholders’ Ordinary General Meeting. Following the meeting that was held on January 27, 2013, shareholders’ have elected the following nine Directors to direct the Company for the coming three years. They are;
- AtoTamiruWondimagegnehu : Chairman of the Board of Directors
- Gizaw T/Mariam (Engineer): Vice Chairman of the Board of Directors.
- MesfinAbi (Engineer), Director and Chief Executive Officer
- TerefeMengesha (Engineer)*
- AtoTayeDibekulu (United Bank Share Co)
- MrThokoaneTsolo (Industrial Development Corporation)
- MrNjomdoLekula (Pretoria Portland Cement Ltd)
- MsTryphosaRamano (Pretoria Portland Cement Ltd)